1. Le Tour Classic – Schwinn, $869; 2. BDG Raw-Edge Corduroy Short – Urban Outfitters, $39; Eyelet Crop-Top – Pitaya, $29; 3. Seaport Vegan Classic – TOMS Shoes, $54; 4. Barnoculars Binocular Flask, $19.99; 5. Ear Plugs, $2.99; 6. Neka Turquoise and Brass Clutch – Free People, $468; 7. tUnE-yArDs and Fleet Foxes Albums – Reckless Records, $12.99; 8. Vintage-Frame Crazy-Print Sunglasses – Pitaya, $10; Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, $32; Burt’s Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8, $4
Pitchfork Music Festival Prep
Pitchfork Music Festival is finally here! Don’t forget to pack these essentials as you head to Union Park this weekend.
1. Bring your bike to Pitchfork! Sponsored by the Chicago Reader, the Bike Lane provides 9,500 square feet of secure bike parking at the Corner of Ashland and Warren.
2. Rompers seem like great fest apparel, but bopping around in a one-piece is only fun and games until you’re four beers deep and face the prospect of undressing in a porta-potty (take it from the girl who flashed all of Comfest last month). I recommend the ever utilitarian denim short and a breezy crop top for full days of outdoor festing.
3. One of the advantages of Pitchfork is its manageable size, so you can run around Union Park in a festive wedge more easily than say, at the behemoth Lollapalooza. If you do plan on seeing every set, however, I vote for TOMS – comfortable, cute, and eco-conscious.
4. DO bring sealed bottles of water. Hydration is key if you plan on partying under the sun all weekend. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted, however this extra special set of binoculars would probably go unnoticed – just sayin’.
5. My mom swears she ruined her hearing by standing too close to concert speakers all her life, and I will likely follow suit. Keep your ears in good shape for many fest seasons to come with inexpensive ear plugs.
8. Speaking of the sun, don’t risk an entire pink and peeling weekend for a few rays. Try a sun block or moisturizer with SPF to get your glow.
Headdresses and hair feathers were trending at Pitchfork 2010.
What’s your vote for this year’s fest accessory?